Principles in Marketing I
This course focuses on the fundamental and strategic aspects of Marketing. It is about the development and the functions of Marketing within a market oriented organization. The students will learn selected methods and applications of market research and will have an understanding of the principles of individual and organizational buyer behavior as well as strategic brand management also with an international perspective.
- Basics of Marketing (definition, development, conceptual and institutional approaches, micro and macro environment)
- Principles of Marketing and strategic marketing (market segmentation, market-focused business unit planning, marketing organisation)
- Information fundamentals of marketing (market research)
- Buyer behavior in consumer and business markets
- Strategic Brand Management
- International Marketing and Global Marketing
Principles in Marketing II
This course focuses on the operational and management aspects of Marketing.
The students will be able to develop a marketing plan with particular emphasis on the appropriate marketing mix and its individual instruments. They can manage and evaluate the different Marketing instruments even with an international and social perspective.
- Development of the Marketin Plan and Marketing Mix
- Product strategy and innovation development
- Pricing strategy
- Distribution strategy and sales
- Communication strategy
- International brand management and communication strategy and cross-cultural issues
- Sustainable Marketing
Study Project Marketing
The students actively participate in a Marketing project of an international company and will know the typical components of such a project. Under the guidance of a professional instructor, they will conduct a real marketing project and will experience all the needed practical actions.
- Preparation of the study project
- Instruction to the project (proceedings, announcing the entry literature, pre-briefing)
- Preliminary research through self-study (on client, project contents)
- Grouping of project teams
- Briefing by the company
- Creating a project plan for each working group
- Active participation in specific work tasks to achieve project milestones
- Supervision by lecturers of the university
- Interim presentations
- Preparation of final presentation
- Presentation of the final results to the client
- Conceptual reflection of the individual project experiences (team work, knowledge growth, availability of previously acquired during the course professional and personal skills)
Human Resources and Leadership
Central concepts of leadership and examination of the phenomenon of leadership in different aspects. Reflection of the own leadership behavior as well as that of other persons. Application of the leadership knowledge in practical actions.
Students know the fundamental approaches and instruments for personnel selection, assessment and payment also in an international context.
- Leadership theories and concepts
- Current issues in leadership research
- Recruiting and HR selection
- Vacancies and workforce planning
- Staff development and evaluation
- Leadership development
- Payment systems
- Job satisfaction
- International HR management
- Managing diversity
The course teaches the main concepts and theories of Public Relations and the possibilities and limitations of PR communication of an organization. Practical training of tools and the ability to plan and implement PR activities.
Basics of PR
- Theories and concepts of Public Relations
- PR in the marketing mix
- Fundamentals of media relations
- Digitization of PR and PR in the New Media
- Objectives and target groups of the PR
Application fields of PR
- Product and Corporate PR
- PR in the stress field of external and internal corporate communications
- Crisis and risk communication
- Political PR and Public Affairs
- Sustainability Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Other applications (e.g. exhibition and event PR, personality PR)
Instruments and practice of PR
- Contact management and maintenance
- Writing for PR activities
- Conducting press conferences
- Online PR
- Media Training
Investment and Financing
Basic skills needed in the business practice to make reasonable investment and financing decisions. Knowledge about the most important financing tools, which are required to establish appropriate structures and practices in investment and financing, also in an international context.
- Concepts of investment and financing
- Investment management, planning and control
- Consideration of tax effects
- Coordination of investment and financing
- Liquidity and credit (liquidity measurement, creditworthiness and credit check)
- Capitalrequirements and funding (capital requirement calculation, external financing, deposit and equity financing, credit financing, stock financing, rating, credit derivatives)
- Cash flow and financing statements (concepts, calculation of cash flow, financial accounts, credit policy importance of cash flow)
- International aspects of financing (foreign trade financing, hedging of currency risks)
In its core, the course organizational behaviour (OB) deals with the question how people and groups in organizations behave, react, and interpret different events. It also describes the role of organizational systems, structures, and processes in shaping behaviour, and explains how organizations really work. Drawing from fields including management, anthropology, sociology, ethics, economics, and psychology, OB provides a foundation for the effective management of people in organizations.
Course material and assignments provide opportunities to:
- Understand how organizations work and why people behave as they do in work settings.
- Better understand the own OB related traits and perspectives.
- Improve the ability to analyse organizational situations in terms of OB theories and concepts.
- Improve the skills in reacting appropriately to organizational situations using OB concepts.
- Improve the ability to create and maintain healthy and productive work environments.