State-of-the-art management know-how in global markets
BSP, as a school of management, offers you a Bachelor’s degree in International Business Administration with a clear focus on management training in an international context. At international companies, management is not only a task for the directors; management skills are a vital qualification for all employees. Conveying management know-how therefore forms a key focus of the bachelor’s degree:
- Basic scientific competences in business administration and economics
- Well-founded knowledge of corporate planning, organisation, HR and leadership
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of international marketing and sales
- The function and application of accounting and controlling, investment and financing
- Application-oriented knowledge of operations management and business information systems
- Competence in statistics and business mathematics
- Knowledge of law and tax law in relation to companies
- Language skills in Business English and a second foreign language: Spanish
- Project study phase in Germany and abroad to deepen your practical knowledge
- Training in personal and social competences and seminars on intercultural communication
- Methodological foundations of scientific work
Compulsory semester abroad
New York, Sydney, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, London and Madrid – these are just a few of the places our students spend their semester abroad. This compulsory component of your studies is integrated into the course as the fifth semester. You are free to choose where to complete your studies in this semester. Numerous university partnerships and our International Office will help you to find the right foreign university.
Business English and Spanish – two foreign languages firmly integrated
162 hours of Business English and 162 hours of Spanish spread across three semesters each are an integral part of the course structure. The language training is carried out in partnership with a professional language school to ensure consistently high standards. Advanced level or just starting out? No problem – students on the language courses are placed according to their existing level.
In the Bachelor’s degree in International Business Administration theory and practice are closely intertwined. In two project study phases you will get to know companies at close quarters and from the inside. You will complete at least one of these project study phases abroad. In addition, you will work on concrete practical problems in study projects. Regular presentations and excursions will offer you further insights into the day-to-day operations of companies. Business games and case studies: make real decisions at virtual companies. Is it better to raise prices or lower them? How will the expansion strategy be financed? Should quality or costs come first? The best way to learn entrepreneurial thinking is to be placed in real decision-making situations. Computer simulations, case studies and role plays are therefore an integral part of our classes. Here you can analyse practically relevant business situations and test out possible courses of action.
Alongside the full-time professors at BSP Business School Berlin Potsdam, we hire selected business professionals as lecturers to instil your teaching programme with exciting insights from their respective industries.
Soft skills training
Teamwork, conflict resolution, communication techniques – working in companies demands more than just theoretical knowledge. If you look at any job offer, you will find the expected soft skills alongside professional competences. You will gain intensive training in these skills in a block course of seminars. Intercultural communication and competence are also taught in a separate seminar.